Saturday, June 15, 2013

Coupon Shopping at ShopRite...

Hey, Y'all
 
I went on my first real coupon shopping trip at a grocery store this year!!!  Shopping in Florida was a bummer (no double coupons) so I did very little shopping except for a few grocery items.  I did most of my shopping at CVS where ExtraCare Bucks and CVS Red Box Coupons made the absence of double coupons a non-issue.
 
Friday morning, I jumped in my car and headed to my local ShopRite in Silver Spring, MD.  My shopping list:
  • 5 1/2 pounds of Perdue Chicken Leg Qtrs - 49¢/lb Limit 1 pkg w/coupon & additional $25 purchase (on sale for 77¢/lb - limit 4 pkgs)
  • 1 pound Keller's butter - $1.99 w/coupon & additional $25 purchase (limit 1)
  • 6 dozen large ShopRite (SR) eggs - $1.88 for 18 eggs (limit 4 ctns w/card)
  • 10 oz canister of Chock Full o'Nuts ground Coffee - 98¢ w/SR coupon and additional $25 purchase (limit 1)
  • Purex laundry detergent 50 oz -  99¢ (limit 1) w/SR coupon & additional $25 purchase
The total for all 5 items before coupons and customer card: $35.32
The total after coupons and customer card: $6.01
 
I only used one coupon from coupon insert: $1/1 Chock Full o'Nuts.  The other coupons were ShopRite coupons from their weekly flier and a $5 off $25 purchase coupon from ValPak I received  on Wednesday.
 
Had I not used the $5 ValPak coupon and the clipped $1/1 coffee coupon, I still would have paid just $12.01 for $35.32 worth of groceries just by clipping the store's coupons in their weekly flier.  This technique can be used at any store that issues their own coupons.
 
ShopRite Shopping Trip Video - This is Academy Award quality :-)
 
I can't wait to get this thing off my hand and get back to two-handed couponing.  One handed couponing is for the birds!
 
Happy Father's Day to all my Bizzy Couponing Dads!
 
Happy Couponing!
ShaRon, The Bizzy Coupon Bee