Thursday, May 3, 2018

Getting Better

Hey, Everyone!

 

First, I must say that I am doing better. Surgery was successful and my hand/thumb should be much, much better in a few months. Full use can take 6 months to a year.  Physical therapy is vital to my recovery.

 

This soft cast stays on for another two weeks and then a hard cast for a week or two followed by a few weeks of rehab. Lots of low grade aching but easily controlled with the meds given to me. Here is the name of the hand surgery I had last week due to osteoarthritis: Right thumb carpometacarpal arthroplasty with flexor carpi adialis tendon transfer. YEP, that's just what I said..."Huh?"  

 

Okay, as a retired biology teacher, I just had to take a look at the surgery video posted online by the University of VA.  Now, I understand what was done and why this sucker hurts so badly. This video is not for the squeamish! Here's the link: Thumb Surgery video 

 

I thank y'all for letting me bend your ears.  Needless to say, there is zero tolerance for whining in our home.  Hamp has one arm for the rest of his life and I am one-armed for only 4 to 6 weeks. So, how am I doing? I am doing just GREAT! My grandkids can't wait for the hard cast to come so they can decorate it. Of course, they have all been really helpful and very eager to help. So very proud of my little people!

 

Thank you for your calls, texts, emails, visits and prayers for my recovery.

 

Four inserts are expected this weekend. Go to couponpreviews.info to see the coupons expected 5.6.18: 3 RedPlum & 1 SmartSource

 

I got a call from one of my bizzy coupon bees (Cassandra) this weekend. She was checking up on me and we discussed trying to find sources for "free money" via surveys. I belong to one "Pine Cone Research" a Nielsen company that does surveys for product ideas.  They rarely open up for new participants. They send me a survey and if I meet their criteria, (age, product interest, etc.), I will be given the survey to complete. I currently make about $12 to $15 per month @ $3 per survey…milk money! Link to Pinecone Research  Here is the faq about accepting new members:

Do you recruit new members through your website or take referrals?

Presently, we do not recruit new members through our website or take unsolicited referrals. However, we will be posting recruitment opportunities through banner ads on various unsolicited websites from time to time throughout the year. If you see one of these ads, please feel free to sign up with us.

 

Finally, did you know that WalMart will do your shopping for you and even load up your car…all for free? AND, give you and me $10 off our next order of $50 or more

when you use my WalMart online link
​ ​
http://r.wmt.co/iJB5T.  There is no minimum order for pick up.

    I do not know if you can use coupons.

You can increase your savings by

up to 10% by
adding "Ebates" to your WalMart.com online shopping trip.





 

 

ShaRon's
WalMart online link: 
​ ​
http://r.wmt.co/iJB5T

 

 

​​

Join Ebates via my link ShaRon's Ebates Link or <https://www.ebates.com/r/REDBEE25?eeid=28187> and we will both get a reward. I will get $25 and you will get $10 added to you new account. (New Ebate members only) I have collected $136.31 over the last two years…ice cream & popsicle money! I rarely shop for anything other than groceries in the store. I do a lot of online shopping and use Ebates to collect rebates automatically when I shop.

 


ShaRon :o)
John 21:18