Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where have I been?

It has been a while since my last post.  In fact, it has been more than a month.  I have been so very busy that I have not been grocery shopping in a month and have a stack of a hundred coupons that I clipped and have not begun to organize.  We have been living on my stockpile (except for fresh fruits and veggies).  We only lost a gallon of milk and a container of ice cream when we lost power for two days in June.

What the heck have I been doing that has taken me away from my couponing?  I promised my sister several months ago that I would join her as she presented seminars to teachers for two weeks in June.  She teaches teachers how to be better teachers. I also taught a coupon class in Indiana to my motorcycle association.

In addition, I have been meeting with a representative from Prince George's Community College and Laurel-Beltsville Senior Activity Center about teaching couponing classes at their facilities.  Yes, I have decided to share my coupon secrets with as many people as I can.  So, I have had little time to relax with my coupons and stockpile.

As much as my couponing is an addiction, it is also very relaxing.  Clipping coupons is a mindless activity.  It takes no deep retrospective insight to be able to cut out paper rectangles.  I think of nothing else while I am sorting the coupons into like food groups and denominations.  Couponing is my mindless escape from reality.  I don't drink, gamble, smoke pot, or do drugs...I coupon!  I think I'll make a tee shirt with that quote :-)