Thursday, November 1, 2012

Detergent Labels are a Must Read!



CVS Shopping Trip       

 I was taking advantage of the CVS Proctor & Gamble promotion  (buy $30 of P&G products/get $10 ExtraCare Bucks) when I stumbled upon something that was completely new to me (see the video below).  I began my trip with $12 in ExtraCare Bucks that I received after three CVS Advisor surveys.  (You really should consider joining.)  In other words, I began my shopping trip with CVS' money.  I had to modify the transaction to comply with the CVS coupon policy of "max. 4 like coupons" per transaction.  In addition, this was also printed on the coupons.  So, I substituted two GAIN coupons to complete the deal.  
 
My transaction is outlined below:
  • Buy 4 TIDE & 2 GAIN detergents @ $5.94 each = $35.64
  • $35.64 - $12 ECBs (from CVS Advisor surveys)  = $23.64 
  • $23.64 - $6 manufacturers coupons = $17.64 OOP (out of pocket) 
  • At the end of the transaction,  I received  $11ECBs ($10 ExtraCareBucks & $1 ECB Green Bag Tag Rebate)
  • $17.64 - $11ECB Reward = $6.64  or $1.11 per bottle 



Detergent Labels are a Must Read!