Thursday, April 27, 2017

Big Family Musings...

Good Morning, Everyone!

I apologize for not sending out coupon info the last couple of weeks.  I had cataract surgery (two consecutive Wednesdays - rt eye and then the left one).  I was able to do some work but by the time I got ready to do other emails the eye strain took its toll.  Eyes burning, tearing, and blurred vision.  Doing so much better now.

Really trying to get back in the groove of making my YouTube videos.  Just cannot seem to get the time.  My husband gets very impatient when I ask him to take the videos.  The kids will do them for me but there is often so much background chatter that no one would be able to hear me.  Of course, the alternative is to go ahead and make the videos even with the kids playing and giggling in the background. I can always mute them and do a voice over late at night when everyone is in bed.  I'll figure it out...

About two or three weeks ago, I wrote a letter to ShopRite about Senior Shopping Day.  Every Tuesday they give 5% discounts to seniors 60+.  You have to remind them unless you already look 60+.  I no longer have to remind them.  Anyway, the letter I wrote was a suggestion.  I told them that the seniors who shop there need assistance.  The writing is too small, shelves too high, large containers too heavy, and can't find what we are looking for.  I suggested that they have a core time for some ShopRite employees to help the seniors with their shopping.  I suggested that the program should be done on Senior Discount Shopping Tuesdays from 10 AM to 2 PM.  I told them that most seniors start out after the morning rush hour and head home before the afternoon rush hour. 

The letter was quite lengthy but I wanted them to understand just how important the shopping assistance was needed.  Well, I was walking past the customer service counter this afternoon when I saw the flyer attached below.  I was so excited.  I ran to the truck to tell Hampton what I had done and that ShopRite started the program for seniors because of my letter.  Hampton smiled proudly and said, "Where's your name?"  I told him it did not need my name because I knew I had made a difference and that was enough.  Yay!!! I am proud of me :o)  Why not write the supermarkets in your neighborhood and tell them to help the seniors shop in their stores.

Next, there will be FOUR inserts this weekend!!!!  Here's the link to the previews: Sunday Coupon Previews As always, you can expect some differences in the face value and actual coupons that appear in your local paper.

Hint for this week:  You can often go to customer service and get the next week's circular days before the sales begin at that store.  This will help you organize your coupons and shopping trips and keep you from making impulse purchases.  In addition, it will give you a chance to search for coupons and compare the current week's sales with the next week's sales. 

That's all for now.  Enjoy the stretch of 80+ degree days coming our way the rest of this week.

ShaRon :o)
John 21:18