Saturday, August 4, 2012

Extra Care Buckin' at CVS

CVS is my favorite place to shop for personal care items, paper items, toiletries, beauty aids, over the counter meds, etc.  As I have said many times before, I have shopped there since before they were CVS.  Remember, People's Drug Store? It was the mainstay pharmacy of the entire eastern seaboard for nearly 90 years.  It officially changed its name in 1990 after years of changing ownership to keep it afloat.    Now, as CVS, it holds its own among the pharmacy giants in our area: Walgreens and RiteAid pharmacies.

$12 ECB's & $5.75 CVS Extra Care Coupons
I  love the Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) rewards at CVS.  I can rack up the savings to the point that I walk away with free or nearly free items every single shopping trip.  ECB's are store coupons with a twist.  You can use them exactly like dollars for nearly all of your CVS purchases.  Exclusions: prescriptions, alcohol, gift cards, lottery, tobacco products, money orders, postage stamps, and pre-paid cards.  ECB's can be stacked with each other, other CVS money off coupons, and manufacturers coupons.  If you are a very saavy couponer, you will be able to rack up even more ECB's at the end of the shopping trip, too. 

The CVS/pharmacy coupon policy is very customer friendly.  However, the cashiers and manager may not be.  So, take a copy of the coupon policy with you.  As always, NEVER argue over coupons.  You may be right, but the manager has the final say...even if he/she is mistaken.  Contact CVS customer service on their website and send them and the store manager a copy of your communication and/or a copy of the CVS coupon policy. A courteous couponer trumps a nasty store manager or cashier every time.

I will not be able to skip shopping at CVS this week.  Some of my ECB's expire on the 11th.  I also have a coupon for a FREE "Unreal Bar"...what the heck is an "Unreal Bar"???  There are a few really great deals that will reward me with ECB's at the end of my deals.  You can check out and compare CVS deals from this week with next week each Thursday.  That's when the new weekly ad is posted on their website.  It is a tab that appears just next to the current week's tab.

I am excited that a brand new Walgreens is coming to Laurel.  In the meantime, I will be studying my Walgreen's coupon policy and rewards program.  I am not familiar with either.  In addition, I have recently started shopping at RiteAid more regularly.  It has a reward program (Up Rewards) and single check rebate program, as well.  I am not very good at rebates.  I always forget to send them in.  Supposedly, RitaAids rebate program can be done on their website after each of your shopping trips.  I will definitely be checking it out.

Regardless of where you shop for personal care items, paper items, toiletries, beauty aids, over the counter meds, etc., if you do not join their customer loyalty program, you won't save as much money.  Shop their sales and stack them with coupons and you will get the biggest bang for all your bucks!

Happy Couponing!
ShaRon, The Bizzy Coupon Bee