Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Couponing in the Sunshine State



Just for the record, let me say that I hate couponing in Florida and any state that does not double coupons!  I really think that it is psychological because believe it or not most retailers nationwide and even in my home state of Maryland do not double coupons.  I have not clipped more than two or three coupons over the last two months. 

The only place where I have been couponing is at my local pharmacy. I love CVS ExtraCareBucks and cannot resist using them for some really great deals. Thankfully, I loaded up the motorhome cupboards with items from my home “storehouse”.  I have only had to spend money on fresh veggies and fruits, bread, milk, eggs, and cheese. I really loaded our freezer with about 25 or 30 pounds of meat (poultry, seafood, beef, pork, and lamb).

We are trying to be very productive with our time and are scheduled to teach our coupon class about 6 times before returning home in May.  It is so much fun watching people learn how to save money on their groceries and other household items. 

There are some great coupons coming out Sunday, March 3rd.  Remember, that the best deals happen when you have at least two or three coupons for each product.  Many times, the sales are for multiple items.  For example, BOGO (buy one get one free) items can be great deals if you have two coupons and use one on each bogo item.  Most stores do allow this. 

Finally, I was able to get a great deal on my local newspaper (The Washington Post).  I cancelled my paper before departing for Florida.  Naturally, they contacted me (via email) to lure me back at 59¢/wk for 1 year for the Sunday only subscription.  Well, I contacted them and told them that I only buy the newspaper for the coupons and wanted to get four papers for the same rate.  Yes, they gave me the 4 newspapers for 59¢ each per week for one year.  The store price is $2.25 per Sunday. 

I suspended the subscription until the first Sunday in April.  I will have a nice stack of coupon inserts waiting for me when I return home in May.  My stockpile is getting really sparse and I will have to spend about two months restocking the shelves and freezer when we get home.  I love couponing!
Stay warm and happy couponing!
ShaRon, the Bizzy Coupon Bee